Admissions to Primary School 2020
If your child's birthday is between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 they will be due to start primary school in September 2020.
School applications open: Monday 9th September - 09:00.
School applications close: Wednesday 15th January - 17:00.
National Offer Day of allocated places: Thursday 16th April.
Deadline for lodging appeals by: Thursday 15th May.
Appeal dates for St Thomas More: To be confirmed.
Reallocation begins: Monday 1st June.
Reallocation ends: Thursday 31st December 2020.
APPEALS FOR SEPTEMBER 2020 INTAKE
Parents whose applications for places are unsuccessful may appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel set up in accordance with section 85(3) of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. Appeals must be made in writing and must set out the reasons on which the appeal is made. Appeals should be made to the Admissions Appeal Clerk at the school address. Parents/Carers have the right to make oral representations to the Appeal Panel. Infant classes are restricted by legislation to 30 children. Parents should be aware that an appeal against refusal of a place in an infant class may only succeed if it can be demonstrated that:
- The admission of additional children would not breach the infant class size limit; or
- The admission arrangements did not comply with admissions law or had not been correctly and impartially applied and the child would have been offered a place if the arrangements had complied or had been correctly and impartially applied; or
- The panel decided that the decision to refuse admission was not one which a reasonable admission authority would have made in the circumstances of the case.
SCHOOL OPEN DAYS (APPOINTMENT ONLY)
Monday 23rd September, 11:00 - Wednesday 2nd October, 14:00 - Thursday 10th October, 14:00 - Thursday 15th October, 11:00 - Thursday 31st October, 14:00 - Monday 4th November, 14:00 - Friday 15th November, 11:00, Tuesday 19th November, 14:00 - Wednesday 27th November, 11:00.
If you are applying for your child to start school in September 2020 you should complete the following:
- Apply on line to Medway Council by Wednesday 15 January 2020 5pm, either by logging onto Medway Council Website or by clicking the link below. Please ensure you receive an email to confirm that the details have been accepted.
- Download a St Thomas More Supplementary form,
- Complete and return to the school
- Include any evidence if you wish your child to be considered under ‘denominational’ status.
- Ensure this form and evidence is submitted to school by
Wednesday 15 January 2020 by 5pm.
- If you wish to be considered please ensure that you have completed this form and information – without it your child will not be placed in the correct criteria, and they may not get their place.