Pupil Premium Funding at St Thomas More Catholic Primary School
The Pupil Premium is an allocation of additional funding provided to schools to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement. These include pupils who are entitled to free school meals, those looked after by the local authority and children of armed service personnel. The intended effect of this funding is to accelerate progress and raise attainment.
In most cases the Pupil Premium is allocated to schools and is clearly identifiable. It is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools per FSM pupil, is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility.
All schools are required to report on the amount of funding received, how this is being used, and the impact of any work done.
In the 2017/18 financial year St Thomas More Catholic Primary School received £96,340 in Pupil Premium funding.
This was, and continues to be used as follows:
- To provide intervention and support for underachieving pupils and those with SEN (Special Educational Needs)
- To provide emotional support for vulnerable children through Special Time, allowing children to express their feelings
- To employ additional teachers who provide a targeted level of support to some of our most vulnerable children so as they can make the progress expected of them
- To provide one-to-one tuition for some pupils
- To employ Learning Support Assistants, who provide a targeted level of support to some of our most vulnerable children so as they can make the progress expected of them
The impact of this work was evident in:
- Improved attainment at the end of Early Years Foundation Stage, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two
We also use this money to subsidise educational visits and on-site visitors which enhance our curriculum. For some children this has a huge impact on their self-esteem and confidence. All matters regarding the use of Pupil Premium funds are treated with discretion and in confidence.
Pupil Premium for 2018/19 will be: tbc
For more information on the Pupil Premium, please visit: